Re: Making power

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 25 1999 - 19:31:19 EST

<< Fellow DML'ers
 Everybody on the list is always looking for more power, but I haven't heard
 one person talk about a water mist system in the intake. If ambient is dry
 and you inject a water spray into the inlet you increase the mass flow and
 more power is the result.
 I new this welder guy who was really smart in my days in the oil fields and
 he had one on a big truck he used to haul horses. And he said going up large
 grades he would turn it on and over the top he went. I have some really
 fine mist system nozzles that we use on our gas turbine intake system that
 make fog like crazy. It takes 750 psi to run them but I use them on my patio
 with a water hose pressure and they still work great.
 I remember in high school the teacher in auto shop would pour water down the
 carburetor at high rpms to knock the carbon off the pistons for a cheap tune
 up.
 Looking forward to the comments on this one.
 Robert Miller
 Flame Red 99 DAK CC RT

Helps with detonation also in supercharged engines. Mark, from the Drag
Trucks page, witht he 12 second Ram just installed a water injection system,
along with some other mods on his Ram. Curious to see what he thinks. Next
time I talk to him, I will get some specifics, and post on here.

Brad