Dirty K&N

From: Randy Fox (foxra@nad.adventist.org)
Date: Thu Mar 25 1999 - 21:43:57 EST

IMHO I don't think you want to do that. It probably would clean it, but

I'd bet it would also damage it and you'd risk getting some foreign
objects in your engine

The instructions say to use water to clean it. I always used the hose
at
maximum pressure from the spray nozzle (pointed from the inside toward
the outside to blow the junk out of the crevaces) before drying and
re-oiling
the filter.

I'm sure that solvent would void your million mile warranty (or whatever
distance)
it is warranted for.

Randy
'98 FR CC R/T