Re: My truck will do anything! (my first spank?!)

From: JT McBride (mcbride@abac.com)
Date: Fri Mar 26 1999 - 12:29:45 EST

>Besides that story, I've got to briefly share my latest 4x4 excursion.
>I took it up over a mountain pass west of Las Vegas. The road started
>out as a regular dirt road (as they often do right?), and after I got
>over the pass and started down the back side of the range, the road kind
>of dove into a rocky 'wash' (dry streambed--for anyone not familier with
>SW terrain). Anyway, it was really tight in a lot of places. I crawled
>along and made it with no body damage to the Dak. I even had the right

Seeing as the new body Daks (Ramettes) are about six inches wider, thatīs
doing pretty good. Congratulations!

>rear in the air at one point. Oh, a couple guys riding dual-sport
>motorcycles had gone by me at the start of the trail and they happened
>to be stopped when I came to the end. I wish I could have captured the
>look on their faces--don't think they expected to see that my truck
>could make through such close quarters.

I LOVE it when that happens. Or the look on the face of Jeepers, when you
show up with a Club Cab pickemup truck (131 inch wheelbase!!). This
definitely takes more skill than piloting an 85 inch WB Jeep through rough
stuff. Having a V8 helps though.

Jim
93 CC 4x4 V8