Re: 98 Ram SS/T

From: David Gloff (dgloff@xnet.com)
Date: Fri Mar 26 1999 - 16:26:12 EST

I can answer one part of your question. The reason the Syclone and
Typhoon came only with autos is that they're stoplight racers--they only
excel from a DEAD STOP. I could smoke my friend's modded Sy right now if
we were rolling 2mph. What the auto allows you to do is braketorque. If
you lock the brakes, you can rev up the engine and get the turbo to spool
BEFORE you start moving, which allows you to launch under maximum boost.
This eliminates turbo lag, which is the biggest problem with any
turbocharged engine. And with the AWD in the Sy/Ty, you don't have to
worry about your tires spinning, so you can launch almost at redline. Why
the Lightling, 454ASS, and most holy R/T aren't available with a stick, we
may never know....

David Gloff
Computer Technician
Valcom Professional Computer Center; Kemper/Scudder/Zurich Funds
aolim: dgloff
Loaded Intense Blue '99 Dakota Sport CC 318 5-speed 3.92SG

"This is a litigation-free zone. Prosecutors will be Violated."