Re: 98 Ram SS/T

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Fri Mar 26 1999 - 16:54:44 EST

My guess would be for liability reasons - could you imagine launching and
racing the R/T with a 5-spd. and that light rear end? Under less than ideal
conditions, I would think a less-experienced driver could find themselves in
the ditch or worse, and the lawsuit may come back to the vehicle
manufacturer. Sports cars, OTOH, are better able to handle all that power
to the rear wheels, not to mention it is generally HP further up in the
powerband, and not off-the-line torque, that makes those sports cars so
quick.

'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate