Re: RE: Re: RE: 24# Injectors?, o2 sensor emulator

From: Dak99RT@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 27 1999 - 11:48:09 EST

In a message dated 3/27/99 5:51:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,
sandman@linkup.net writes:

> The O2 sensor interacts with the amount of oxygen in the exhaust stream and
> produces its own voltage form 0 to 1 volt, if I remember correctly, less
> than 0.5v indicates a rich fuel mixture (greater than 14.7:1 air/fuel
ratio)
> & if the voltage is greater than 0.5v it indicates a lean mixture.

I had gotten this from an old post from an unknown athour:
"I'd use a DVM and just tap off the the O2 sensor. 1 vdc is running rich
and .75 vdc is leaning out."

Has anyone actually done this? Which are the correct numbers? And which o2
sensor do you tap off of?
Thanks,
Charles