New Tstat installed today

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 27 1999 - 12:00:17 EST

Well after a month of pondering what degree tstat to put in; I just opted to
replaced the stock one with the same temp,195. I did buy a 'Super' Stant,
which carries a lifetime warranty along with a FelPro gakset. I decided to get
the 195 due to how cool my Dak runs anyways, and I didnt feel good knowing
that it could possibly run even cooler. On the temp guage(before the new one)
from the point of being completely cold to where it always heats up to isn't
more than 1/2" of the needle moving. Now, after the new 195 tstat, gasket,
about 1/2 gallon of new antifreeze, and a bottle of RedLine's Water Wetter,
the needle on the temp guage moves about 1/4"! I just went and picked my dad's
20ft. 3000pound boat up and towed it home about 200 miles and that guage was
reading a nice a cool and temp! It didn't even move. On a side note, I was
getting some accumulation of some type of liquid all around the tstat/neck
area, now I know why. The stock gasket was leaking slowly because there really
wasnt anything left og the stock gasket after 102,600 miles. Thanks for all
the input on helping me out with info reguarding the tstat.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6