4x4 Paint Damage

From: Drew Schofield (droopie@midsouth.rr.com)
Date: Sun Mar 28 1999 - 10:12:19 EST

Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 01:08:26 -0600
From: Dennis Baker <dbaker@deltech.net>
Subject: DML: Defective Body/Cab Mounts?

I just took my 98' 4x4 CC off-loading for the first time and about a
week
later after I finally decided to wash off all the mud I uncovered
something
rather interesting.
Apparently while off-roading the back of the cab and the front top
portion
of my bed rammed into each other... The funny thing is that while we
were
having fun we heard a loud pop and upon further inspection couldn't hear
thing... It happened right after breaching the top of a rather steep
hill at
a very slow pace in 4-low.

It's not like we were hotrodding over moguls or anything... Anyway.. The

damage isn't a pretty sight... The back of the cab is dented and the
paint
is chipped off in a way that I find quite irritating... Basically it
looks
like I've got another one of Dodges crappy paint jobs where the paint
and
primmer simply flake off.

Has anyone had anything like this happen to them... I'm sitting here
thinking defective body bushings for starters and If they made it a 4x4
and
it took something this simple to mess it up I hear factory warranty
doing
some dent pulling and re-painting...

Any Ideas?

--

Well, a Lexus paint job is going to flake off if the body panel gets dented. It does seem strange for that to happen tho....it would normally take a wreck (cab whiplash effect) or some serious body/frame articulation to get the cab to hit the bed. Definately could have some bad cab bushings.

Drew Schofield Visit my web page at http://www.angelfire.com/tn/page4drew