Re: Front Brake Inner Disk Shields, The last act!

From: RYDE2LIVE@aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 28 1999 - 23:40:18 EST

In a message dated 3/28/99 9:44:11 PM Central Standard Time, jndneff@texas.net
writes:

> Actually the final word from DC is that they do not know why some Daks from
> 97-99 have the inner brake shields and some do not. My service advisor
> called whoever he called in DC and they had to look into the matter. They
> replied back that the shields should be on ALL Daks and Durango's, but for
> whatever reason someone on the line decided that they were not needed. My
> dealer ordered a set for me at NO CHARGE, because they ARE supposed to be
on
> the truck. And that is the final word. Do with it what you want.
>
> John
> 98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Leach headers
>
> <snip>
> A while back there was much discussion over inner front disk brake shields.
> > I have a 97 SLT 4x4 and don't have the shields and they are not
pictured
> > in the CC shop manual. BUT, my dealers parts' fiche shows them for the
> 4x4
> > version for 97-98, part# 52008990, 91.
> >
> > Did anyone ever figure out what the scoop was? Some guys seem to have
> > them, others don't.
>

> The scoop is that 1999 4X4's SHOULD NOT have them. In 99 only the 2 wheel
> drive models got them. That info is DIRECTLY from Chrysler.
> That is the FINAL word!
>
> <unsnip>

You have been feed a real line of S**T . Just go to your dealer and have them
pull up the micro fiche on it and see for yourself. I did and its very simple
to see Chrysler does not list them for the 99 4X4's It's NO mystery here,
they are NOT supposed to be there. Only listed as parts on the 99 4X2. As I
said, the reason is dirt and rocks were getting packed between the rotor and
the sheild, so Chrysler took them off the 4X4's.

Adam