RE:CB antennas

From: Popovich, Greg, BMG-NY1540 (Greg.Popovich@bmge.com)
Date: Mon Mar 29 1999 - 10:05:34 EST

Ahh nope... The base is conductive so that your truck becomes part of the
antenna called a "ground plane". There might be a way around it...
AntiStatic bags used for computer parts are very much conductive and are
plastic. If it doesn't affect your SWR you should be ok.
>Dude, can't you put a thin piece of rubber or something under the mount and
avoid that donut?
>'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
>'84 GoldWing Interstate

the monster sized donut left from the magnet).

Greg Popovich - Service Engineer
D.I.S. Research Ltd
(212)930-4202