Clarification on Air Bag Helper Springs.

From: Jetmugg@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 29 1999 - 12:18:28 EST

I think the system they installed on Trucks must have been a complete air ride
suspension, where the springs are replaced with air bags. This type of system
is becoming more popular with the lowrider type guys, due to the fact that the
ride height can be easily changed via adjusting the air pressure in the bags.

The system that I am interested in does not replace any suspension components,
but is an "add on" air bag for the rear springs. When a heavy load is put in
the bed, or on the trailer hitch, these bags can be inflated in order to help
carry the load. The benefits of this system are that the ride is not
permanently changed, as when using stiffer springs, and the extra load
carrying capacity is there for the situations where it is needed.

SteveM.