Re: How do you lock your Torque Converter?

From: Dak99RT@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 29 1999 - 20:53:55 EST

In a message dated 3/29/99 7:48:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
vladimir@austin.rr.com writes:

> ...do you know what "locking the converter" means...

Yes, I certainly do... I did it in my Buick for a 2-3 MPH gain in the quarter
but It does put more strain on the clutch material in the stock torque
converter. It was just a simple on/off that was wired in at the computer
harness. I guess it was just activated when an electrical solenoid was
triggered in the tranny.
Charles
99 Dak R/T