Re:CB Antennas

From: Vahunter (Vahunter@ddaccess.net)
Date: Tue Mar 30 1999 - 04:57:37 EST

I too have a 72" Fibergalss Wilson antenna where i installed a spring
inbetween the antenna and the mount. Now I can go practically anywhere
without damage to the antenna from low objects. Radio Shack carries the
springs.

Subject: Re: DML: CB Antennas

At 10:55 AM 3/28/99 , you wrote:
>I currently have(for 3 years now) dual 48" black fiberglass antennas for
my CB
>mounted on my tool box. Well I love the reception, but I am getting really
>annoyed about the clearance problems when 4wheeling and smackin lowhanging or
>overhanging brush. I would like input for those who have CB's antennas what
>kind are they running and what kind of reception are they getting; and where
>is it mounted. Thanks.

They make springs for fiberglass antennas (antennae?) that go between the
antenna and the mounting bracket. Check local truck stops. They are used a
lot on 18 wheelers where the antenna sits so high.

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

Kids today have so many advantages I never had.
There's no telling what I could've accomplished
with a home computer and a handgun.

Chris
http://members.xoom.com/VaHunter/page3.html
An armed society is a polite society!