First R/T Spotted on a Used Car Lot

From: Randy Fox (foxra@nad.adventist.org)
Date: Tue Mar 30 1999 - 09:05:02 EST

Anyone want to save thousands, since someone else already took the hit
in
in the wallet from depreciation?

I spotted my first R/T on a used car lot in York, PA on Sunday. I was
sitting
at a red light and looking around and noticed a truck exactly like mine
(FR CC).
At first I thought it was '99 model but then saw the Apple Chevrolet
dealership
sign, so I knew it was a '98 that had been traded on a Chevy (can you
believe
that?).

I drove into the lot to look at it and here's what I found:

It's a very clean, straight truck. No paperwork on the window except a
small
sheet indicating that it still has a warranty (so I assume it has less
than 36K on it).
The tires have been replaced with ones that have taller side walls (so I
assume it
has at least 20-30K on it). It had all the usual power options, red bug
shield
across the hood, a grey/black pin stripe, aftermarket radio with
removable face,
bed liner and chrome bedrail guards. No price unfortunatley, but there
was nothing talking up the performance features. Since Chevy thinks
they build better trucks than Dodge, someone might get a sweet deal. I
didn't see the spare through the crack
betweent the bumper and the tailgate, so I anyone goes to see it, look
underneath!

Randy
'98 FR CC R/T