Re: Turbos - was (no subject)

From: Greg Zarkis (zarkman@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Mar 30 1999 - 11:23:37 EST

> I've been tossing around the idea of fabbing up a twin turbocharger
> setup on my Dak for a while now. I've got a 5 speed though, and this is
an
> aspect I haven't considered before. Is this boost thing a problem.....
<snip>
>Turbo = Poor man's version of a "Blower".
Exactly. Cheap *and* VERY efficient.

Boost is only a problem if you run it too lean... I for one would LOVE to
see a setup like this. The VNT is a great alternative to a wastegate
assembly. Just ask Mr Shelby about his 1989 CSX, or ask anyone who was
bright enough to realize that in 1990, you could get an intercooled VNT 2.2
in a Shadow, Daytona or LeBaron.
Anyhow, here's some links to pretty good pages on Turbos. Check it out:
http://www.xmission.com/~dempsey/shelby/turbo101.htm
http://idt.net/~vnt4/vntrpt.html
Oh yea, just for kicks, here's one of my favorite pages:
http://pages.cthome.net/gus/index.html (behold the power of the turbo!)
"If you got turbo lag... You ain't drivin' right"; Carroll Shelby
Zark
99 DA CC R/T
88 Shadow ES (Turbo I)
86 Shelby Charger (Turbo I)