Re: nada mucho

From: JeffofSLU@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 30 1999 - 20:57:27 EST

In a message dated 3/30/99 5:47:44 PM Central Standard Time,
rotrottmann@davidson.edu writes:

<< >
> As far as the pinging, run 92 octane or better, 180
> Tstat, colder range plugs, and 'expect' some pinging
> underload from 4500-5200 rpm on warm, humid days.

 As Jon is probably gone, he already is running 93, with a 180 Tstat, and
 getting tons of ping. Don't know about his plugs, though.

Speaking of pinging, I found out why mine pings with the MP SBEC even though I
have the 180 stat and the DT headers( using 93 octane). My intake manifold
gasket is leaking. I read in the Magnum Engines manual a simple way to test
it: With the motor running and at operating temp., yank the pvc breather from
the driver's side valve cover, and remove the pcv valve from the passenger
side valve cover. Put your thumb over the hole where the valve went, and you
should feel pressure if the gasket is sealing, or get a vacuum if it is not.
Mine sucked a big white circle on my thumb.

Jeff