Re: "skpi shift" :-) was: Re: 98 Ram SS/T -Reply -Reply

From: Ryan D. Krokosinski (eqgroup@equinoxfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Mar 31 1999 - 14:17:36 EST

Borg Warner didn't make the transmissions for the earlier 6 spd Vette's. ZF (a
really long German name) did. From what I understand it is actually a stronger
tranny than the Borg Warner's. The reason for the skip shift (in the Vette's
anyway) was to increase EPA mileage and avoid gas guzzler tax.

Ryan K
'99 R/T RC