Re: Anyone use EBAY?

From: Michael Stepka (mstepka@genesisdj.com)
Date: Wed Mar 31 1999 - 23:22:35 EST

$425 for a 50x 4 AMP???? what are they crazy... I can get you a 100watt
x 4 California profile amp for around $110-$150. And an amp wiring kit
for around $30. That is ridiculous...

That is just like the other day, listen to this (This is how much car audio
shops rip your off). I went to a local well known car audio shop just to
look for a cell phone adapter. I was looking at some of there stuff, and
one thing I noticed because I want to install it on my truck is adding power
locks to my truck with the conjunction of my alarm and remote starter.
And the actuator kit only cost $35.00 through A place I get discount Audio &
Electronic supplies. And also I wanted to get a power windows kit. It
cost $59.00 through the place I can get it from. So you know that car
audio place is paying around that price or maybe less for that kit. Now
both these kits were exactly identical to what I can get through my catalog.
Anyhow. To have the power door locks installed on any car, it was $389.
Now it only cost them $35.00 for parts....and it is fairly easy to do.
That is a $350 labor cost!! Now get this, this is even better. For the
power windows kit on any car, to have it installed ONLY on 2 windows...
$849!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost Sh*t my pants. I even
asked the guy why they were ripping people off so bad, and why someone would
even pay that, but he said people get them installed alot. Now that is
almost a $800 labor cost for something that is easy to install because it
just screws on the door panel and uses the original crank assembly. You
just have to wire a switch in the door and then run 12 volts. So that
tells you how much you can get ripped on something like that. Same thing
with some places that put remote starters and alarms in!!

Michael Stepka
98 Sport CC 4x4 V6
with all the chrome accessories
http://www.genesisdj.com/truck.html