Re: Re: Body Lifts

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@mci.com)
Date: Thu Apr 01 1999 - 15:01:10 EST

the short answer is.... there are too many lawyers in this country with
nothing better to do....

my understanding of the airbag system on the Dak (and Ram) is that it uses 3
sensors... one in the cab, and 1 on each frame rail in the front- just
behind the radiator support... these are accelerometers, and when a
different speed is measured between the 3 that is over a threshold, it
triggers the air bag(s)

but the lawyers get involved, and "courtroom science" starts to come into
play... it took a long time for companies that make aftermarket bumpers to
release them for trucks equipped with air bags, but it finally happened...

Gary Shook