General Rantings

From: Jason Yates (j_hurricane_y@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 01 1999 - 18:13:15 EST

OK, so I find myself needing to briefly respond to a couple things. The
first, "Oil prices in the West." I've learned that almost all the gas
west of the Rockies is from Alaska. This is because it's a big pain to
get it over the Rockies or through the Panama Canal. Therefore, the oil
companies that acquire Alaska oil for their western gas stations can
basically charge whatever they want because its very hard for someone
else to undercut them. So, when a good excuse to raise the prices comes
along--like the fires at the refineries and the OPEC cut in
production--they take advantage of us 'western captives' to make a
buttload of money. That's my .02 on that subject.

The other thing is these email messages that no matter what the topic
(usually some sort of 'safety bulletin'), ask you to forward to as many
people as possible. These are almost always hoaxes. Basically, I guess
the purpose is essentially the same as those who create computer virus .
. . in other words, I have no idea, but I think they think they can clog
up networks with all the forwarding and message generation. See how it
works?

JY