I saw a "T-Rex" last night!!!!

From: Christopher L Scott (clscott@cse.Buffalo.EDU)
Date: Fri Apr 02 1999 - 07:52:47 EST

Saw the damnedest thing on U.S. Rt. 20, South of Buffalo last night. I
get into the left turn lane, stopped at a light behind this big red Ram.
I notice he's got huge semi-tractor-style exhaust pipes sticking up out of
the bed. I am admiring the pipes when the light changes and he turns.
When I get a look at the truck from the side, my jaw drops. My girlfriend
and I both say the same thing at the same time: "Holy S**T, HE'S GOT SIX
WHEELS!!" Actually it was more like 10 wheels, because each of his TWO
REAR AXLES sports a set of duallies! I had to get on my 6'er to get up
next to the guy, (he had a V10 and was using it), and I still can't
believe what I am seeing! It looked just like the Dodge T-Rex show truck,
except it was red and had the special pipes. I stayed with him until he
turned off into a shopping mall. It ws funny cause when he turned you
could see the strange way the rear axles tilted relative to each other,
with the rearmost inside wheels visibly lifting just like a dump truck.
That guy obviously put a lot of time and money into building such a
radical pickup. I thought later that between the exhaust pipes and the
double-long wheelwells that truck doesn't have much bed left. Can you
imagine off-roading in a V10 6X6??!! Just thought I'd share this rare
sighting with the list. I wonder if he plans to take that monster to the
Nats.......
                                Christopher Scott