Re: ATTN:SmokinDakota... a posible fix WAS: dealer trying to bend me over

From: Dak99RT@aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 02 1999 - 10:23:19 EST

smokindakota@email.msn.com writes:

> Unfortunately, It not as easy as putting the screw back in. It taking the
> thing out thats hard. Its at a funky angle and had rust on it, so it was
> bound to happen sooner or later. Most of the junkyard around don't have
> newer trucks, but hey its worth a try.

This might be a little crazy but worth a try. Go to a small autobody shop
that has a mig welder. Take an old philips head screwdriver and have the guy
press the trigger on the mig gun and it will spit out a peice of copper line
(what the mig welder uses to weld with) long enough to get into the tight
space and weld the old screwdriver to the screw. It may take a while and ruin
the screw and screw driver but it should come out. You may want to cover the
headlight and rest of the truck front as you wont want to burn any thing.
Just an idea.
Charles