RE:DML Boycott Gas

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Fri Apr 02 1999 - 11:09:00 EST

   When whatever state you live in has it's driving population outnumber the
sheer number of CARS we drive here in California, then you can gripe. The
number of cars here in Cali is almost 1 to 1 with the number of licensed
drivers. Here in Orange County, the number of cars exceed the number of
licensed drivers.
   We like to breathe too, so an un-elected body called the Air Quality
Management District makes all the laws. We can't change them, we can only
bitch about them... but strangely, gone is most of the smog. Amazing, their
laws HAVE improved the air even though we drive more cars (and SUV's) than
ever.
   I'm afraid we'll all have to deal with it for now. What really scares me
is that BP/Amoco just bought ARCO (Atlantic Richfield) which will spell the
end of high-quality, inexpensive gas out west. These oil company mergers are
going to be the death of us all (at least our wallets)... (my predicition)