Re: GAS BOYCOTT & Plug Wires

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Fri Apr 02 1999 - 15:55:20 EST

You're right, #1 is closest to radiator on driver's side, and #2 is on
passenger side. On both V6 and V8, driver's side is odd numbers increasing
progressively from radiator to firewall, and passenger side is even numbers
increasing progressively from radiator to firewall.

Firing order is:
V6 1-6-5-4-3-2
V8 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

btw, if you're standing at the front of your truck and the firewall side of
the distributor is 12 o'clock, then #1 plug wire for the V6 should be at 9
o'clock, then just count in sequence counter-clockwise. For V8's, #1 plug
wire is at ~ 6:30 o'clock then match with firing order going clockwise.

'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate