Leach Computer : was Re: Top Speed of 5.9 R/T ?

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Fri Apr 02 1999 - 17:24:47 EST

Mike Leach is doing the work with Mopar on the computer Mopar will
eventually be selling for 97+ Daks. At least one of the DML members has had
his computer flashed to the new program. It will adjust the fuel flow,
ingnition advance curve, and raise the rev limiter. He has done a couple of
computers for folks, but you have to send him your computer out of the truck
for him to do it. The reason for this is because with ODBII the vehicle VIN
and mileage are contained in the ECM (SBEC) itself. He told me about it a
while back but asked that it not be advertised since there is a remote
posibility that something can go wrong when the flash is taking place
causing the SBEC to render itself as a door stop. And, as I am sure you can
understand, he doesn't want that responsibility hanging over his head. He
also said that when the new computer is available that you will have to have
it installed at the dealership because of the VIN and mileage reqirements.
This makes me wonder if the Mopar computer could simply be sold by Mopar
through the dealers as a computer flash instead of producing computers. Now
wouldn't that be cool! Except if you have a monkey at the dealership that
toasts more computers than he flashes properly.
BYW, this all just FYI, like I said above, Mike does NOT want to get into
the computer flashing business due to the liability.

John
98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Leach headers, DDBC

<snip>
Copied from the Dakota newsgroup... does this guy have a Mike Leach modified
computer?
<unsnip>