Re: Flowmaster

From: Gary Pinkley (gapinkley@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Apr 02 1999 - 21:31:18 EST

I recently installed the 3" cat'back system on my V-6. It was a 3 chamber
muffler w/ 2.5" inlet and 3" taipipe. It added a lot of high RPM pull. The
idle is very cool sounding and the it sounds good to outside bystanders. I
does have the typical flomaster resonance at around 2500 RPM. I'm not that
bothered by noise so it's fine with me so far. It was a bolt in except for
the kit was designed for the V8 trucks, so I had to cut 2" of the inlet pipe
so my lowered axle didn't bang the loop over the axle. Just installing it
placed the loop too far backwards.
-Gary
97 Really Red Dak