Re: It's home!

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 02 1999 - 21:51:51 EST

<< Got my truck back... They replaced the timing chain, gears and tensioner.
 Also checked out my problem with backfire/popping when downshifting or
 coasting. They say I need a new PCM. Guess that justify's a call to
 MoparPerf is in order....hehehehehe....But the engine is nice and
 quiet....no more sounding like a bunch of tin cans coming down the
 street.....

Great to hear! Did you get the chain/gears/tensioner replaced at the dealer?
Just curious, but what did this cost you? I was was going to call my dealer
to see how much they want to do it, since I don't have an entire day to waste
just working on the timing chain problem. I know the parts will be about
$110-$125, but I am REALLY worried how much in labor this will cost. I notice
that my Dak, after 102,900 miles, really needs this done. Thanks!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6