RE: It's home!

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Fri Apr 02 1999 - 23:49:25 EST

> << Got my truck back... They replaced the timing chain, gears and
> tensioner.
> Also checked out my problem with backfire/popping when downshifting or
> coasting. They say I need a new PCM. Guess that justify's a call to
> MoparPerf is in order....hehehehehe....But the engine is nice and
> quiet....no more sounding like a bunch of tin cans coming down the
> street.....
> >>

> Great to hear! Did you get the chain/gears/tensioner replaced at
> the dealer?
> Just curious, but what did this cost you? I was was going to call
> my dealer
> to see how much they want to do it, since I don't have an entire
> day to waste
> just working on the timing chain problem. I know the parts will be about
> $110-$125, but I am REALLY worried how much in labor this will
> cost. I notice
> that my Dak, after 102,900 miles, really needs this done. Thanks!

Thanks! Got the whole deal. Chain,gears and tensioner. Yup at the dealer
(extended warranty since I purchased it used). I have just over 50k in
mileage, but the chain was really making a racket. Cost me $106.00
(deductable).

Heres what it would have cost me....

PN Description Cost
   83507095 Spocket Package (Chain and Gear Set) 45.85
   53021057 Gasket CH(?) 7.91
    4883757 Gasket WA (?) 1.61
 4897297-AA Seal Package 7.00
53021195-AA Tensioner 22.75
               Labor (2.6 hours @ 62.95per hr) 182.56

               Total (before taxes) 267.68

Not bad if you ask me....
Can't understand why they had the truck since Tuesday..... ;-)

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd