Smog in So-Cal

From: Mike Burgess (mike.burgess@akamail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 03 1999 - 14:55:46 EST

Several years ago, here in LA, the Smog Cops (SCAQMD) released a
list of "Approved Trees and Bushes" It seems that several of the
more popular trees actually emit hydrocobons that contribute to
SMOG. And the old natives name for LA translated into Smog. Seems
their campfires produced enough smoke to be quite apperant.
 Cars are just a new source, not the complete evil cause. Also,
there are few, if any, electric cars that could stand up to the
daily commute here, that's a major reason no one buys them. I woulden't
mind a $2,000 golf cart I could go to the grocery store in (esp since
gas has hit $1.75 - U-pump-it), but the laws won't allow for it.
 As fo packing the family to visit in-laws for Easter.... I'd never
make it 1 way, let alone back, in thr same afternoon. When they
fix the insane laws, then the smog may get better. Whoops, sorry, it
never will, the growth on the hillsides emits as much as the cars do.

--
"Thoughtcrime was not a thing that
could be concealed forever. You might