MotorVac

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Sat Apr 03 1999 - 20:43:42 EST

Just letting my fellow DMLers know I have decided to get the 103,000 mile old
Dakota a treatment with MotorVac. I went to a local shop today who does it
and he showed me what it does and he swears by it. He said, in his
experience with it(MotorVac), the MotorVac system will restore the entire
fuel system to about 95% of how it was when it rolled off the lot. He also
suggested that after I get the MotorVac service done, to change the fuel
filter. I have changed the fuel filter on my Dak 4 other times, and from
cutting them all open, I know how dirty the filter gets. I read up on it on
the internet also and seems to be a worthwhile part of routine maintenance. I
printed out a $10 off coupon from a website so the cost with the coupon will
be $60. Fuel filter I bought today was $8(Wix) Also, I will finally change
the oxygen sensor after the MotorVac cleaning and the fuel filter is
replaced. I will let you all know how the cleaning went and if I noticed any
improvements in driving afterwards. I have an appointment for Friday the 9th.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6