Re: Ceramic coating on the Leach headers?

From: brian duffey (brian.duffey@intelsat.int)
Date: Mon Apr 05 1999 - 07:00:00 EDT

Bob,

If I remember correctly (something rare) the Leach headers are made w/out
chrome if you indicate upon ordering that you want to have them coated. I'm
pretty sure they did this same thing when the first group buy for the JBA's
was going on.

Anyone out there currently (or in the near future) have orders in with
Leach?
If there are a few in the works, the cost of coating will be slightly
reduced for the more he has done at one time. Can't decide between the black
or silver coating.

Duff
'95 SLT 4x4 CC 318 4spd/OD - 3.55 LSD
MSD 6AL - MSD Blaster Coil
MSD 8.5 wires - K&N FIPK - F&B Stage I TBI
-------------
Original Text
From TORCH@SMTPGATE (Bob H) {torch@triplet.net}, on 04/04/1999 11:05 PM:
To: DAKOTA-T@SMTPGATE {dakota-truck@buffnet.net}

At 08:33 PM 4/4/99 EDT, you wrote:
>Has anyone had the ceramic coating done on their leach headers? If so how
has
>the coating held up? How much was it for just the headers (Not the y-pipe)
>Has it discolored at all if you got it done in silver?
>Thanks
>Charles Smith
>
>Charles,

pls let me know what you find out. Problem I see, is the Leach headers are
nickel chrome coated, how does this affect the ceramic adhereing to them? I
do not see any sense in doing the y pipe either. In the market for a set,
but had this same question.
Bob Hardt
Aiken,SC
99 Black Dakota CC 5.2 Auto