Re[2]: Six Grease Fittings on a 4x4?!

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Mon Apr 05 1999 - 09:36:41 EDT

Thanks Chief!

I'll find these sneaky little bastards yet!

T.

Subject: Re: DML: Six Grease Fittings on a 4x4?!
Author: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net> at smtpout
Date: 4/5/99 8:53 AM

fawcett@uism.bu.edu writes:

> changed the oil this morning before heading out to my folks and found 5
> zirk fittings to grease while I was at it:
>
> 1 ea. side, upper ball joint.
> 1 ea. side, lower ball joint.
> 1 on front output shaft (front drive shaft)
>
> Where the heck is the other one (somebody said there were six)! I banged
> my head and almost swallowed the flashlight I had in my mouth lookin' for
> the sixth one!

Here's the total list:
left and right lower ball joints (1,2)
left and right tie-rod ends (3,4)
forward drive shaft (5)
pitman arm (6)
pass side steering idler arm has 2 (upper and lower) (7,8)

Looks liike you found 1,2,3,4, &5. Good luck with the rest. The first time I
lubed mine I looked and looked. Only found them because someone on DML had
posted the list. Good luck!

Chief