Six Grease Fittings on a 4x4?!

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Sun Apr 04 1999 - 23:17:17 EDT

Gosh darnit (Easter speak)!

I changed the oil this morning before heading out to my folks and found 5
zirk fittings to grease while I was at it:

1 ea. side, upper ball joint.
1 ea. side, lower ball joint.
1 on front output shaft (front drive shaft)

Where the heck is the other one (somebody said there were six)! I banged
my head and almost swallowed the flashlight I had in my mouth lookin' for
the sixth one!

On another note, how do you know when you put enough grease in the front
output shaft? All the others have rubber boots that the grease starts to
seep out of when their full.

Thanks!
Tom

P.S. Hope all had a wonderful Easter celebration!