Re: Ceramic coating on the Leach headers?

From: Dak99RT@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 05 1999 - 13:48:52 EDT

In a message dated 4/5/99 12:02:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jndneff@texas.net writes:

> As far as not doing the Y-pipe. Why not? It's going to do the same thing as
> it would on your headers which is to keep the heat inside the pipe instead
> of outside the pipe. It should also help with rust prevention. All good in
> my book. I don't know how much it would cost to just coat the headers and
> not the Y-pipe. Again, why would you want to go that route? I went with
> black because I was concerned that the silver would discolor after several
> years. And the likely hood of an accidental oil splatter on the hot header
> also raised the chance of a stain. There are several folks that have silver
> coating on their headers of various manufacture. I'm sure they would all
> tell you that to date, they still look the same.

John I have changed my mind I will spend the extra $$ to get the entire set
done but, money is tight as I just bought a new ported throttle body and
muffler. I'd like to find out what Mike Leach charges to get them done at his
ceramic coater. Anyone know? So I can plan for the thin wallet. : )
Thanks
Charles
99 Dak R/T