Re: Superchips computer.

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Mon Apr 05 1999 - 22:53:23 EDT

>From reading various posts in the "alt.autos.dodge.trucks" newsgroup, it
sounds like Chrysler had a few computers slip thru with a little too much
timing. Maybe the Superchips comp. put the timing where it was supposed to
be (lower than the factory's "too-high" mistake). With less pinging, the
motor may actually create more power, since the cylinders are firing when
they're supposed to.

My guess for the recommendation on not towing is 1) the performance computer
was "supposed" to increase timing (like 4 degrees) over stock (this would be
true if stock computer timing is where the factory wanted it), and 2) the
computer may re-program the timing such that the peak torque comes in higher
in the powerband where it may not be conducive to towing, esp. in overdrive.

Just my $0.025

'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate