Re: Gibson Installation

From: Bob Nichols (bnich@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Mon Apr 05 1999 - 23:56:05 EDT

Jack Yates wrote:

> I talked to a guy at Gibson today who told me that
> they had problems with a few '98-'99 Daks, said the
> exhaust didn't fit anywhere near as well as it should
> have. He told me to bring my R/T down to them (bout 60
> miles from me) so they could use my truck as a
> "Prototype". My main question being, did anyone have a
> tough time getting the exhaust installed with a 97+? I
> know there are quite a few DML'ers runnin the Gibson,
> and I haven't read of any problems with the install.
>
> Jack Yates
> '99 Black CC R/T

Jack, I installed without any problems at all. Did need a second set of
hands though
for the pcs that go around the spare. I had to get new over the rear
pipes when I
did the 4" rear drop.
Bob
Lowered 1998 Metalic Red Extended Cab
Western Chassis 2/4" Drop, Gibson Cat Back, Lund Roll Pan, Sport Masters
Burgandy Tonnue, Home Grown K+N, Stillen Bumper Cover, Sony CDX-7850,
Infinity Kappa's, MTX 275x
Visit my Dak at http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/factory/7995