Re: Help!!! with brake pads

From: Jon Smith (jdsmith4@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 06 1999 - 01:22:58 EDT

whoa! outta daylight with a brake job!! been there a
few times muhself... Only thing I can say is compare
the pics... Not sure about the new style daks, but my
'95 calipers are held on by (2) 10mm bolts.

---> BUY A TAP!!! <---- chase the threads on the
knucle before bolting the calipers back on. I've had
to heli-coil the passenger side b/c I stripped the
holes out due to debris in the treads.

--- coertell@earthlink.net wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I need help with something desperately. I went to
> Pep Boys to get some
> brake pads for my '98 Dak and when I got home to
> install them I can't
> figure out how to get the calipers off. I'm losing
> daylight as I write
> and am desperate for any help. Will a pre-'96
> Haynes or Chilton manual
> cover this even though this is a '98?
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Chris Oertell
> coertell@earthlink.net
> Arcadia, Ca
> '98 RC V6 Sport

===
Jon Smith -- NC
'95 CC SLT 4x4 (15.908@85.79)
318 auto, MP comp, JBA headers, 8.5mm MSD wires, 14x3 K&N, dual cat-back glasspacks, 180 degree thermo, spectre wire dividers
http://www4.ncsu.edu/~jdsmith4/truck.html
ICQ # 9720504
IM: Fast4x4