Re: Help!!! with brake pads

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 06 1999 - 01:52:33 EDT

<< I need help with something desperately. I went to Pep Boys to get some
 brake pads for my '98 Dak and when I got home to install them I can't
 figure out how to get the calipers off. I'm losing daylight as I write
 and am desperate for any help. Will a pre-'96 Haynes or Chilton manual
 cover this even though this is a '98? >>

There should be 2 caliper bolts, per side, on the inner side of the
caliper(towards the engine), I think they are torx head bolts. If you can,
safely, jack the jack up enough so you can get actually in the wheel well
enough to see the inboard side of the caliper. There should be some bolt
heads on the top side and on the lower side of the caliper. Hope this helps.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6