318 also was: 2 or 3 chamber Flowmasters on '99 RT??

From: GSWillhite (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 06 1999 - 12:44:57 EDT

Just remember you folks w/the R/Ts. You have an auto so
carefull with the low backpressure goodies and exhausts.
you may loose more torque than you want. Now might be a
good time to compare ET's and EXHAUSTs to see who among
you has the best setup that the *360* likes. After all you
want the facts right.

DML'ers with the 318 a word of warning. I've an old article
from "Truckin" magazine who had an exclusive article on the
the Mopar engineers testing the 5.2L exhaust. According to
them the single 3" w/the Mopar try-ys is the way to go for
torque (autos). With the SBEC and R/T cam this setup put out
an extra 40-50hp. Carefull on the pipe size if you go dual
with the 318. Granted this is old hat for a lot of us. Just
take into consideration the engine and tranny before shelling
out for a new exhaust system. Especially if your into racing,
so's we can keep the competition in the rear view mirror. New
sixers pay closer attention.

GS -

98 5.2L 5spd