Re: 17 inch wheels (Pre '97)

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 06 1999 - 15:54:34 EDT

In a message dated 4/6/99 3:49:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time, magnumv8@wt.net
writes:

<<
 I may be forced to settle for a 16 inch which isn't all that bad I guess. I
 still need to figure out the exact specs as far as backspacing and offset (or
 is that the same thing) so I will know what I'm talking about when I go
shopping.
  I've had a guy try to sell me 5 lug wheels once..... so I know I need do my
 homework and not count on the kid at discount tire...

Thanx for the compliment!! If you go with 16's I would recommend
245/55/r16's, 60's if you're worried about gearing and the speedo. As far as
backspacing, any competent shop should be able to assist you with that. I had
no idea either, so don't feel bad. All I knew was I had a six lug. I still
don't know!! Good luck with whatever you buy and pass the pics along when you
get them.

-Austin
Vipertruck