17 inch wheels (Pre '97)

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wt.net)
Date: Tue Apr 06 1999 - 03:32:13 EDT

Well, my school where I work has seen fit to bust me back down to "student worker".
 Pay is the same but one quirk is I will get back the retirement they have been
holding back for the last year, $300.00 Not much, but with some more I've been
saving I'm planning on finally getting some new wheels put on the Dak. Which
leads me to my plea for information...

I would like to put on some 17" wheels. I'm not sure if this is doable because
of price. I can't spend over $200 each. Is is possible to get a decent 17"
for this price?

I like the centerline wheels, and it seems they have plenty in the goofball
6 on 4.5 bolt circle. What should the backspacing be?

I would utimately like to have 255/55 R17 tires (gee I wonder what other truck
wears that size?) Has anyone put anything close to this on a pre '97 Dak? Trottmann
I know you had done plenty of research in this area, did you ever get a page
put together?

Any help that anyone can offer me would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm a custom
wheel virgin so to speak....

Thanks,
---Mike, near Houston.--- http://www.mikesdakota.com
        '93 V8 4X2