Amplifiers: Battery Connections

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 06 1999 - 17:00:08 EDT

I have a new question for you car audio nuts/electrical people. I have a
Champion 4x4 battery which provides 1050 cranking amps at 45 degrees and 900
a 0 degrees. Currently, I am using the top posts of the positive/negative
posts, and I know the positive one is what I will be using for power for my
amp.
Now, on this battery I also have 2 more battery post terminals, kind of
sitting off at a 45 degree angle, which has both negative/postive terminals.
Instead of tapping into or connecting my amp into the already used top posts,
could I buy 2 higher quality battery posts along with 2 higher quality
connectors soley for using them for the power source to my battery? I
understand that I won't be using the negative post anyways, since that gets
grounded to the chassis/metal. I was just thinking this might be a better way
to get cleaner power, but I am really worried about battery powerloss.
Correct me if I am worng but since the battery is connected to my alternator
and everything else, wouldn't using the additional terminals be the same as
running the power off the positive terminal that is already being used? I
mean doesn't the entire battery get a charge when the truck is running,
therefore all 4 posts should be getting the same and recharging capabilites
also, right? THANKS!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6