Re: lowering 3/5 -Reply

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 06 1999 - 19:28:12 EDT

I highly recommend a C-notch for anyone who goes more than 3". They
aren't as bad as people make them out to be (considering they've been
around for years on Chevies, so most of the people who've had them,
had them on Chevies, and we all know how Chevies are..hehe). I'm
getting one this summer when I do the 3/5 on my 88. A lot of guys with
slammed duallies use C-notches and haul all kinds of stuff without any
problems... I ain't skeered of a C-notch =)

-mike d.

>>> Bob Nichols <bnich@bellatlantic.net> 04/05/99 11:51am >>>
>
> i was wondering if anyone has lowered their 97+ v6 dak 3/5, and use
> 275/60/15's on the front and have any probs?
> Ed
> http://www.MoparEd.com

Hey Ed, I went 2/4 and even with pancake bumpstops on the rear, the
travel has been greatly reduced. Every once in a while I hit a woopty-do
and it bottoms.
After doing the job and seeing the limited travel I wouldn't go beyond 3"
without doing a C-Notch. I believe alot of folks who have done the drop
will agree with me.
Don't get me wrong, I don't like the idea of a c-notch, but you will not
have any travel left with out it. Since you took the time to send me
those Xenon measurements, I just went out and measured my travel.....2
1/8" with the pancakes with a 4" drop. The front never bottoms. Let me
know if I can help. BTW my page is listed below, need some new pics
but
would still like to join your web ring.
Regards,
Bob Nichols

Lowered 1998 Metalic Red Extended Cab
Western Chassis 2/4" Drop, Gibson Cat Back, Lund Roll Pan, Sport
Masters
Burgandy Tonnue, Home Grown K+N, Stillen Bumper Cover, Sony
CDX-7850,
Infinity Kappa's, MTX 275x
Visit my Dak at http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/factory/7995