Re: Buying 99R/T-any wishes or regrets?

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Wed Apr 07 1999 - 01:19:21 EDT

These are all personal opinions... I've got 2- RT's, one club, and one
no club (he he)...

> So here is my question, I went to the dealership last night to look at the
> R/T's and they had a Black CC. Gorgeous!!! Since I am getting the truck of
my
> dreams, I want to know what you current R/T owners wish you would have the
> dealership install, what accessories do you wish you had or not have. I
have
> been looking at the brochure and website for the options, but I am not
sure.

The ONLY accessory I'd have the dealer install is a Tonneau cover, if you'd
use it and can't purchase one outside of the financing of the truck. If you
can
buy one outright later, don't get the Mopar (aka- Nice, but heavy and thick)
tonneau cover, and go with snugtop, or some other 'shell/tonneau' maker.

> I know I want:
> Power convenience group, (pros/cons of the overhead convenience group?)
> Fog Lamps
> Heavy Duty Service Group (pros and cons?)

This is automatic on the R/T.

> High back buckets w/center floor console
> Mopar Fiberglass tonneau

Ok, so get it.

> Do you guys like the interior light group?

Yes, both of my RT's have them, and the lighting is great for reading maps
or whatever vs. the oem crapy single overhead light.

> What else should have installed or not installed by dealer?
> Will I have to order and wait for this combo? What is automatically
included
> with R/T.
> Last question, what should I expect to pay??????
> The R/T at the dealer last night was $22,000 and had the power convenience
> group cd/cassettee 8 speaker sound, no fog lights. No buckets with the
center
> console.

No buckets with the center console??? Are you sure??

> BTW I am drooling just thinking about this truck!!!!!!!!
>
> Thanks for input.

Items my wife's RT has that mine doesn't:

4 wheel ABS (a Plus for foul weather driving)
Radio controls on the back of steering wheel (a nice convience...should have
been standard
but was a $75.00 option)
6"x9" break away remote mirrors (great for towing)
Club Cab (he he)
AM/FM/CD/Cassette Infinity Sound
Agate Interior (Dark Grey), Power Driver's Seat with lumbar

Get the overhead power convience package (trip computer, temp, mpg, etc.),
you'll like it.
Get the steering wheel radio controls ($75.00)
Get the fog lights (???$$$???)
Get the factory alarm ($150 option)
Towing prep is standard, towing 'package' is optional (include hookups for
trailer, trailer brake
controller, and class IV hitch).

The truck you are looking at, is it a CC or a RC?

Sam '99 RT x 2