Re: Flow Specs on Magnum Heads

From: Tom & Fern Moffat (tomm@datarecall.net)
Date: Tue Oct 20 1998 - 08:21:53 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: N2mopars@aol.com <N2mopars@aol.com>
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Date: Tuesday, April 06, 1999 7:35 PM
Subject: Re: DML: Flow Specs on Magnum Heads

><< Anyone know the flow specs on a set of stock 5.2L heads? I'm trying to
>make
> a selection for an aftermarket cam (and whether I should use 1.6 or 1.7
> rockers). The MP cams seem a bit wimpish. Crower has several hotter
grinds
> as does Competition Cams. I want to get this right the first time, so
I've
> been talking with the tech line at Crower. They stumped me when they
asked
> if I had flow specs on my heads.
>
> In a related question. Has anyone used a cam that was too hot for the
> computer to deal with, and if so, what were the specs? >>
>

>Call Bob!!!!! He deals with these motors a lot!!!!!!!
>
>Brad

    yea Brad, me and my 2 buddies have large cams with ported heads. mine
512/520 lift 206/212@500. idle is fine. the largest of ours is 5sp 318 94
with 545/550L 224/230@500-this is alot of duration for the street. It does
idle, but it REALLY cuts up. It took us awhile to get it started, but now
seems to be ok. I don't think I'd recommend it for a daily driver. Bare in
mind these trucks are92-94. I've heard the new trucks with obd 2 are more
temporamental when it comes to duration. I personally would not go above
225, esp in a A4