Re: DML Digest V4 #538

From: Aaron (acolona@i-55.com)
Date: Wed Apr 07 1999 - 13:31:16 EDT

Does anyone out there know any way to cut the cat off your exhaust and trick
the oxygen sensor. I've heard it's just a resistor and that if I can find
out what the voltage is I can hook up a static resistor that stays at that
one voltage and trick the computer into thinking the cat is working fine and
that the air/fuel ratio is perfectly fine. If not, is there some way to
disconnect the whole thing from the computer and reprogram it to stop
checking for the cat. I hate this dang emissions crap. People buy a car,
it's there business what they do with it. Any feed-back would be
appreciated, I haven't been on the list that long but everybody has been
great so far. I would prefer e-mail, cause my filter for e-mail is on the
freak right now, but a reply here is fine. I might find it, hehe.

Aaron Colona
99 red with black racing stripes cc. manual 5.2 dropped 2 inches with
traction bars and 14" chrome air cleaner.

p.s. If anyone in Louisiana is interested in a meet I would love to help
organize. (I'm in Hammond, right outside of New Orleans)- if so, drop me an
e-mail.