Resonators was: 2 or 3 chamber Flowmasters on '99 RT??

From: GSWillhite (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 07 1999 - 14:18:49 EDT

Almost forgot to answer you Mike:

> What are resonators? Does this make the exhaust louder? If so I'm interested.
>

> "ehh... WHAT DID YOU SAY??"
> - ---Mike, near Houston.--- http://www.mikesdakota.com
> '93 V8 4X2

The resonators I have are the dual 3 inch exhaust tips. The big
difference between these and regular exhaust tips are the built
in baffles (similar to a straight through muffler). They are sold
by MOPAR (probably TFX) and decrease back pressure. I bought them
because they help quieten the popping I get w/the Flowmaster 2
chamber on decelleration. They also deepened the exhaust tone. Mopar
has these in their 98 performance catalog, picture page 135, top left
and list them for 318/360 pickups. =0)

GS -

98 5.2L 5spd