Re: Then Again...

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Apr 07 1999 - 14:22:54 EDT

Then again, most "High performance" ignition systems do NOT recommend
Platinum. So...if it's a stock engine, they're ok. If it's a modified,
it's not. We've already seen that in previous threads...several returns on
the Platinum +4's already.

At 02:02 PM 04/07/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>The Robert Bosch Corporation has "redefined" the premium spark plug market
>with the introduction of its new Platinum+4 spark plug.
>
>The basis of the new Platinum+4 is Bosch's unique four ground electrode
>design, which provides multiple radial spark paths, as opposed to a
>conventional single ground electrode design with one axial spark path.
>
>With the four ground electrode design, the spark finds the most efficient
>path from the platinum center electrode, ensuring the least electrical
>resistance. The resulting spark is longer, more efficient and more powerful
>than that of a conventional single ground electrode. This translates into
>optimal access to the air/fuel mixture, producing superior burn
>characteristics and peak engine performance over a longer plug life.
>
>An yttrium-alloy is added to the four ground electrodes providing up to
>double the wear resistance of a standard plug ground electrode. This results
>in a spark gap that remains unchanged. Plus, the new Platinum+4 spark plug
>is pre-set at the factory, so it never needs to be regapped.
>
>Tests confirmed that Bosch Platinum+4 transfers energy more efficiently to
>the air/fuel mixture resulting in a more powerful spark for smoother idling
>and acceleration. Other performance benefits confirmed were better cold
>restart reliability, improved fuel economy, and a longer performance life.
>
>The Bosch Platinum+4 spark plug carries a full replacement performance
>guarantee that extends throughout the entire vehicle manufacturer's
>recommended spark plug change interval.

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd/Dakota.htm