Insulated Airfilter Setup

From: Robert Trottmann (rotrottmann@davidson.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 07 1999 - 15:48:50 EDT

I saw a guy at a St.Louis show who had the setup with a K&N cone on the end, and
had put up a wall of heat shield material to separate the cone itself from the
engine. I assume this would make even cooler air go into the filter. I was
thinking about putting a layer of insulating material on the outer or inner edge
of my airbox. He had just that day put it in, so didn't know about any
performance gains. Probably not noticable, but every degree is worth it, and it
should be cheap.
Later

95 318 2WD Sport
Davidson, NC