Re: ? on air box removal

From: Dester243@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 08 1999 - 00:26:51 EDT

I think i remember 3 bolts and one fastener. The one nearest to the
grille... you have to break/cut that one like i did. There's 2 obvious ones
on top and i think one INSIDE the air box?? but the tricky one was right
under the small tube that sucks in air.. right where it bends. I couldn't
get a wrench in there so had to find some sockets, but it was easy,, not as
hard as the air cleaner.. I don't know why you went through all that trouble
of gettin the tube that goes to the crankcase. I simply removed the round
piece that recieves the air and lets it into the crankcase and replaced it
with a K&N crankcase breathier element. cost:15 bucks, but it took the guy 3
tries to order in the right one, which he never did...
he got a rubber grommet and stuck it in there, then the filter. don't do
that, it leaks
-Dester

<< After the all the troubles I had with the air cleaner I didn't have time
 to screw with removing the air box. I thought it would be real easy..
 like two bolts and it's out... I looked at it and the fastener under
 where the element sits looks like the end of a torx bit. I messed with
 it a little, but decided to give up and tackle it later. What the hell
 is that thing and how do I unfasten it? >>